Thursday, February 11, 2010

Redrum, Redrum, Redrum...


Poor Jack Torrance all holed up in the mountains in Colorado with a ginormous amount of snow, Olive Oyl on his case all day and his kid running apeshit wild over the place. It's no wonder he went nuts. One thing can be said about this winter in North America, all the Meteorologists, Almanacs, Wolly Worms, groundhogs, and old people with their gout acting up were right.




This winter has been a doozy.

It has been tough to be an athlete in this stuff too. I have been on my trainer more than I have been outside and now that my days are temporarily free due to being unemployed, I have a lot of time on my hands. This can be good and bad. I am used to being really busy and my mind doesn't do downtime very well. I have been planning how I am going to spend the rest of my life both on and off my bike and looking at options like school (hmm, wonder if I can get a mountain bike scholarship...hmm...)


Now that Cyclocross season is over (for me. There's a few races I could still hit but cash is an issue right now) and it continues to snow every few days, my riding is gone to base building mode and I have managed to get some good rides in depsite everything else. I have even been in the mountains some which is something I don't normally do in January.

Slick roadie tires and snowy mountain roads make for a haaaaairy combination!

Steep!
I went with my buddy Bob Lamberson to Tsali a couple of weeks ago and we were blessed with a great day to ride:




Really, even though I am making the best of this like everyone else in the country, I am over winter. Instead of Groundhod Day, I am going to make Save This Kitten Day. That is, if I don't see Spring soon, very, very soon, I am going to shoot this kitty.


2 comments:

My name is Stephen said...

haahaahahahaha!!!!

Unknown said...

Come back here...I'm waiting..