Tuesday, September 4, 2007

How I Spent My Summer Vacation - A Photo Essay

While The Great White Goat was having fun at the SM100, me and Nancy headed off to Blairsville in Northeast Georgia for a little r&r.


We made some friends like Herman the snail.



We took some pics of us and Desoto Falls (to bad there was no water)


Well, a little water maybe..........


We hiked up to Brasstown Bald (it hurts almost as much on foot as
it does on a bike).

But the view is worth it.


Our truck is in the second row from the right, third one down.

Awesome views.

Leftovers from the Tour De Georgia

Looks alot different huh?


Bike Shot.


We returned Monday so we could pick up my dad at the airport who was flying back from California after helping my sister move to Mammoth. I went for a early morning ride.

Black marks and horse crap. That's either one fast horse or someone
knocked the shit out of it.

One of my favorite short loops has three killer hills on it. Since hills are a weakness of mine, I train on them almost every other day. This is the first one and it's about 600yds long.


Not that steep but it hurts a whole lot.

It kicks up at the top. Some sting in the tail as Phil Ligget might say.

It's all good.

After the ride, we headed to Pigeon Forge for some go-carts.

If you aren't first, your'e last!

Shake and Bake baby!!


Hi mom!

1 comment:

MCF said...

Wow....looks like you guys had a great time! Love all the pics! Pigeon Forge is awesome...thanks for heading me that way a month ago. Of course we did get lost getting back to the 40 but whatever! Extra scenic drive.