Monday, December 24, 2007

Back in the saddle............

Whoohooo, after three weeks off the bike (outside anyway), I got to return to some significant saddle time yesterday at Bays Mountain. I hooked up with a few pals and we did a nice 2 hour base building ride. I struggled with keeping my heart rate down (which is hard to do on some of the climbs at BMP) and did a pretty good job with that. Training and racing on a singlespeed however is a little different than on a geared bike and there are some climbs that you just cannot do without pushing yourself pretty hard.
I was a good boy though and stayed at or below my preset limit of 150 the whole day. It felt really good to get out of the garage and on some trails. It was good for me physically and mentally too.

My injuries are almost fully healed up (although I was a little sore this morning on the right side of my back where I got hurt).




Merry Christmas to all of you and best wishes for next year...............................................

No comments: