Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Well Shit!

I have been absent from the Internet for the last few days. I got on this morning and checked emails and wiped out 400 spam messages beckoning me to enhance my maleness and various other sundry things that I could care less about. I have had a lot going on and most of it isn't very good.

My mom has been in the hospital since March 25 with some really strange things going on plus falling while she was there and getting a Subdural Hematoma that almost killed her and now after all this time and over $400,000 spent (thank God for insurance), the other shoe just fell.

Her liver is failing.

Nobody has said anything about what happens next but they did tell us she isn't a candidate for a transplant and that they can give her drugs to slow down the progression of the disease. I am pretty good at math and the math here sucks.
It's been really tough going to see her and knowing she doesn't know who I am and or when she is more lucid, not being able to understand what she's talking about. Even tougher is seeing the strain on my dad.

Looks like 2008 is going to be the year that was ****** up. I can be philosophical and say it happens and it does happen every day to everyone at one time or another. I am just not having a good time right now.

It will pass.

As a consequence of the thing with mom and some other developments that I don't want to talk about right now, Nancy and I have decided to sell our house and scale back a bit on our expenses. I am going to go back to school and finish my degree and then see what happens.

I expect the next few months to be a little bumpy but like anything that is bumpy, it gets smooth again at some point. You just gotta hang on and keep on pedaling.

No comments: