Thursday, July 26, 2007

Training Day

Ok, first let me clarify training. I do not train, I ride my bike and try to be consistent with it. I vary my efforts and it works pretty well for me. Usually a month to six weeks out from a big race, I'll ramp it up a little and ride my ass into the ground before backing off 7 to 10 days out.



Since I did ORAMM last week and all the racing the week before, I planned to take the month after it to play (although that may change a little), I got back on the bike tonight for a easy 20-25 miles on the road to get my legs exorcised from any demons that remain from the race. I met up with a couple of friends and several people that I didn't know on a weekly ride they have going on. I particularly wanted to do this ride because there was a 2 mile climb near the end and since climbing is a weakness for me, I need all the help I can get.

My legs felt suprisingly good for all the punishment they have gotten in the past few weeks. I rode easy until I had to stop for a nature break and I bridged back to the group at the base of the climb. I made my way back to "mid-pack" by the top and didn't really feel like I was killing myself to do it.

No comments: