Tuesday, May 6, 2008

There might be blood.

The Three Weeks of De Paiiin is approaching soon. It all begins May 17 with the 12 Hours of Tsali, the Burn 24 on the 24th and 25th, and the Mohican 100 on the 31st. If that wasn't enough, I have semi-committed to a 12 hour team event on June 7 then off a week and the Cowbell Challenge 12 hour race is on the 21st of June.

Am I nuts?

No I just like to go fast and for a long time.

I love racing. I am kind of pushing it with the next few weeks and I am aware of that. I want to see how well a half used up 41 year old body will respond to the punishment I am about to inflict on it. For me it's fun to see where the point will come that I blow up so hard that I curl up in the middle of the trail, sobbing uncontrolably, in the fetal position in a puddle of my own urine and.......................

I digress.

In the meantime, I am riding enough to keep me fresh and otherwise just hanging out.

I hope to do well at Tsali and the Burn, I am not that concerned about the Mohican. Since I DNF'd the first race in the NUE series, my chances of doing well overall are not good. I still am going to go and see what happens. I'm just a sucker for experimentation. Think of me as a big old 180lb lab rat.





No comments: