Thursday, May 22, 2008

Time to Burn

Er.......Um. Yeah.

That is it's time for the Burn 24 coming up this weekend at Dark Mountain Trails in North Wilkesboro. Vassago will be there with me, Jeremy Arnold and David Nice all racing solo and our Team Manager - Misty is coming down from MD to throw water bottles at us as we ride by (of course I am kidding). Teammates Eddie and Namrita O'Dea are the promoters and there's a ton more sponsors, prizes, schwag and fun stuff lined up for the weekend.

This will be my second 24 solo race and I hope to improve on my 28th place finish of a year ago. These races are probably the hardest ones I do due to the length and the fact that I just don't have the time to train as much as I should to be really competitive in them. I am not going to let that stop me though. I have everything packed and ready to leave tomorrow and I intend to have a go at it. My goal is a top ten finish.

We'll see how it goes.

No comments: