Wednesday, August 15, 2007

There's Gold In Them Thar Hills.............

I just hope there's Gold in them thar legs when I get to Georgia Saturday. I went out for a training ride last night with my little sister (well she's 26 and not that little anymore but she'll always be my little sis) and my legs felt good. I wanted to push it but I didn't and that is usually a good sign for me. My sis is a pretty accomplished snowboarder plus she runs and bikes. She is moving to Mammoth Mtn in California in a couple of weeks to go to work there at the ski resort.
I wish the punk all the luck in the world in her new home.

I made the decision last night to run 32X19 gearing Saturday. I had been using 32X20 and while that is good for long climbs, I spin out really fast on rolling stuff. I am not a spinner. My riding style is more like mashing grapes. There's never a perfect gear on a singlespeed, it comes with the territory. It's all good though. From Namrita's description of the Fool's Gold course, I think I'll be happy with my choice.

Tonight is bike prep and get stuff ready night and I'll ride again tomorrow on the road.

No comments: