Thursday, August 23, 2007

What Next.............

A lot of times, I get depressed in the days following a big race. Racing is my drug and after the high is gone, I am left waiting for the next hit.


At any rate, I am really pumped with my year so far. It has been a breakout year for me with all the solo singlespeed stuff I have done (and lived to tell about it). I am not new to singlespeeds. I have been toying with them for several years. It was just last year though that I gave the geared bike the old kick to the curb and went full singlespeed monty. I am well pleased with my decision. I have been able to do some fairly hardcore stuff that just a few years ago, I would have never dreamed of doing.

I hear that alot of racers get depressed after a race so I guess it is something in our blood.

At any rate, what's next for me is more training, a much needed vacation Labor Day weekend and them comes the 4th Annual 6 Hours of Warriors Race/Cookout on Sept 15.

This is a totally grassroots affair that has riding, racing, eating, skills clinics, first-aid clinics, bike maintenance and more. It is hosted by the Northeast Tennessee Mountain Bike Association at Warriors Path State Park in Kingsport, Tennessee. It's a real hoot and alot of fun to be a part of and is designed to give back some to the sport.

No comments: