Thursday, April 24, 2008

Back in the saddle

I took 3 full days off the bike - nay, off of any and all physical activity after last Saturdays debacle and I returned to some saddle time last night. I met Bob, Wes the wonderboy, Mike T and Jonell at Buffalo Mtn for an easy cruise up and down the mountain. I hadn't got to talk to Bob since Saturday so we got to catch up on stuff. Turns out he got sick too (oops, hope I didn't do it) and was hacking a little. We cruised easy to the fire tower gate and back down.
My legs felt good and I think I am pretty much over the crap from last week. Now I can get back to business and focus on the "Three Weeks of De Paain" coming up in May.

Three Weeks of De Paain (a play on the Belgian Classic Three Days of De Panne) consists of the 12 Hours of Tsali on May 17, the Burn 24 on the 24-25th, and the Mohican 100 on the 31st. That's gonna be about 46 hours and around 350 miles of racing in three consecutive weeks. I figure it's either gonna kill me or not. Should be interesting.

Tonight it's back to regular training. I am taking my SSRB out and hooking up with the Thursday road ride that meets at ETSU. I'll probably do some singletrack over the weekend.



Good luck to teamates Eddie and Namrita O'Dea who both are competing in the 24 Hours of Vail Lake this weekend in California.

No comments: