Friday, April 18, 2008

Classic Disasters

The Titanic was one, the space shuttle is another. I began packing for Cohutta this morning and I am hoping that my first race of 2008 isn't another classic disaster. Something wicked has got ahold of me and my body is conspiring against me. For two days, I have had chills (it was 75 yesterday and I was wearing a fleece) sore throat, a bitch of a headache and sinus pressure. Forget sleeping. I went home last night and instead of getting my stuff ready, I hit the couch.
The good thing is you don't really need to take much. A bike, clothes, food um..... that's about all. Since I drive around in a rolling closet, most of that stuff was in my truck already.

I feel like crap. Can't wait to see what tomorrow is going to be like.

On the upside, the forecast is for a small chance of rain so I know I will get wet tomorrow and it's not going to be to hot, only 60ish, so I will probably freeze too. It's all good though. It looks like I am not the only one that will suffer tomorrow and I am sure there will be others.

We get to have bags of stuff we specify dropped at various checkpoints. I think I'll have two.
In the "If things are going good bag" I'll have Heed, Hammer Gel and Perpetuem and maybe a dry pair of socks and gloves.
In the "Screw it" bag, there will be a pack of powdered donuts, beef jerky and a bottle of Jack Daniels. Maybe a magazine to read while I wait for a ride back to the start.

Either way, I'll be back in a couple of days with a story to tell.

No comments: