Friday, April 25, 2008

Life Sucks. Life is Beautiful

Sometimes in the same moment. Things happen that aren't good and things happen that are good. It never seems to have any rhyme or reason it just is the way it is.

I am still stinging a little from having to quit the Cohutta. I have only quit 2 races in my life and the Cohutta was one of them. To me quitting is a bad thing and I tend to beat myself up really bad. It's a psychological defect I think but it's who I am. I don't really think it matters to anyone that I quit the Cohutta and I probably could have dug a little deeper and made the last 18 miles but I had already dug pretty damn deep for the 20 previous miles and I just cracked.

I did a road ride last night and my legs still feel a little poor but still I didn't get dropped by the roadies until the final 2 mile climb up Buffalo Mtn where we got spread out a little. I still held my own though.
I really like taking my singlespeed to road rides. I get a feeling some of the roadies don't quite know what to make of it. It was good to get out there and work out some negative energy that's been brewing for awhile.

My mom is back in the hospital after being out in a rehab facility for only one week. She had another stroke and although she's not in life threatening danger, she doesn't know what planet she's on. If I think about it I get really depressed and that's just not good for me. It is out of my hands and there's really nothing I can do except what I am already doing.

The 12 Hours of Tsali is in 3 weeks so I'll be riding pretty hard this week and part of next then backing off a bit. Tsali is a race I planned to do well in.

As always, we'll see how it goes.

No comments: